Writing Grant Proposals
This phase of the writing process is to generate ideas and build support for these ideas among those who will value them. Activities that occur are:
- Build support for the idea
- Determine if the organization can implement it
- Develop a Budget and Budget Narrative
- Develop an idea for a program, product, service, or activity
- Develop Timetable for Project
- Document and demonstrate need or benefit
- Plan the proposal activities
Provided are some items that may be needed for your project budget:
- Construction - Costs associated with a construction project related to new construction, alterations, and renovations.
- Contractual - Consultant, service contracts for evaluations, surveys, speaker fees, bookkeeping, cleaning, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Equipment - Office equipment, vehicles equipment, moveable equipment, equipment rental, equipment installation.
- Fringe Benefits - Staff benefits including FICA, Wyoming Retirement, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, vacation accrual.
- Personnel - Salaried personnel, hourly personnel, salary increases. Special categories of people who may need to assist with the project, i.e, research assistants, interviewers, computer programmers, secretaries, clerk-typists, editorial assistants, technicians, accounting staff, grants compliance reporting staff, etc.
- Supplies - Office supplies, postage, test materials, questionnaire forms, duplicating materials, books/journals, electronic supplies, and report materials and supplies.
- Travel - Automobile/aircraft/cab expense, subsistence - lodging and meals associated with administrative travel, fieldwork, professional meetings and consultant travel.
- Other - Space rental, utilities, insurance, audit fees, mailing lists, etc.