VOTER REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Registration Information-Click Here
In order to register to vote, you must meet the following qualifications and provide the following required information:
- Be 18 years of age on Election Day;
- Be a U.S. Citizen;
- Be a resident of Wyoming and the precinct in which you will register in;
- Provide your valid Wyoming driver's license;
--If you do not have your license with you, you may provide the number and additional acceptable identification as noted below.
--If you have not been issued a Wyoming driver's license or yours is expired, you must provide:
--A statement to that effect (on the registration application);
--The last four digits of your social security number; and
--Additional acceptable identification.
- Not convicted of a felony, or if convicted, has had civil or voting rights restored;
- Not be adjudicated mentally incompetent; and
- Withdraw your voter registration from any other jurisdiction, if applicable.
If you have neither a valid Wyoming driver's license nor a social security number, please indicate this by checking the appropriate box on the Voter Registration Application form and contact your County Clerk.
Acceptable Identification may be any one or more of the following:
- Wyoming Driver’s License;
- United States Passport;
- Driver's License or Identification Card issued by any State or Outlying Possession of the United States;
- Identification Card issued by the Federal Government, any State or Local Government, or an Agency thereof;
- A tribal ID of any Federally Recognized Tribe;
- Photo Identification Card issued by the University of Wyoming, a Wyoming Community College, or a Wyoming Public School;
- United States Military Card; or
- Identification Card issued to a Dependent of a member of the United States Armed Forces.
Any two or more of the following documents together shall constitute proof of the individual's identity and residency:
- Certification of United States Citizenship;
- Certificate of Naturalization;
- United States Military Draft Record;
- Voter's Registration Card from another State or County;
- United States Social Security Card;
- Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State;
- Original or certified copy of a birth certificate bearing an official seal; or
- Any other form of identification issued by an official agency of the United States or a State.
Those living in Albany County, WY may register to vote at any time of year, including Election Day. Qualified electors registering or updating their voter registration within a 14 day period prior to Election Day, must also vote that day (W.S. 22-3-102).
How to Register
- REGISTER IN PERSON AT:
--The Albany County Courthouse, Elections Office, 525 E Grand Ave., Suite 202, Laramie, WY 82070
--The Rock River Town Clerk, 321 Avenue D in Rock River, WY
--Your polling Place on Election Day
- REGISTER BY MAIL:
--Download the Voter Registration Form and fill it out in front of a Notary or Registry Agent. Sign the voter registration oath and have the Notary or Registry Agent sign the form. Send the completed Voter Registration Form and copies of your identification to the:
Albany County Clerk's Office
525 E. Grand Ave. Suite 202
Laramie, WY 82070