Albany County Commissioners’ Scholarships are made available through legislation which provides $500.00 per semester to students from each county that are selected and then awarded by the Board of County Commissioners. (Albany County Commissioners have instituted the practice of designating a scholarship committee to make the selections.)
Albany County Commissioners grant three (3) initial scholarships and one (1) renewal scholarship each year to be used at the University of Wyoming or any of the nine community colleges.
To be eligible for an initial scholarship, a candidate must:
- Be a graduate of an Albany County High School in the spring immediately prior to the fall semester of the same year.
- Submit a complete application packet to include:
- An application form;
- A personal statement;
- An official transcript, including ACT scores (to be provided in a sealed envelope);
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (one of which must be from a high school teacher, one from a principal, vice principal or school counselor, and one from a personal acquaintance).
- Complete applications must be submitted no later than March 22, 2019 to the Counseling office of the Laramie High School, Rock River School, or Whiting Alternative High School.
Initial Scholarships will be awarded by the Board of Albany County Commissioners on the basis of academic ability, scholastic record, character, and financial need.
If you have been awarded the Albany County Commissioner's Scholarship in past the Renewal Application will be due to the Albany County Clerk's Office no later than May 16,2019.
Applicants will be notified by letter from the Chairman of the County Commissioners of the scholarship awards.