Absentee Voting Information-Click Here
Any registered voter in Wyoming may request an absentee ballot for any or all elections ONLY within the calendar year in which the election is held but not on the day of the election. When requesting an absentee ballot, you must provide the following voter and absentee ballot request information:
- Full Name;
- Date of Birth;
- Your current Wyoming residence address including your house number, street, city, county, and zip code;
- The mailing address where your ballot should be mailed;
- The election(s) for which the absentee ballot is requested;
- If for a primary election, the political party ballot you wish to vote. (You must be a registered member of that political party.) If you are not, please contact your county clerk on how to update your voter registration information; and
- A statement that you are eligible to vote in the election(s).
How do I request an Absentee Ballot?
- By Phone - Call your county clerk
- By Mail - Print and fill out the application form and mail to your county clerk
- By Email - Put "Absentee Ballot Request" in the subject line
- In Person - Request an absentee ballot in person at the county clerk's office
- Online Request Form - Follow the link to the form Online Absentee Request Form
- If you are a U.S. citizen 18 years or older and are an active duty member of the Armed Forces, Merchant Marine, Public Health Service, NOAA, a family member of the above, or a U.S. citizen residing outside the United States or U.S. citizen 18 years or older and are a U.S. citizen residing outside the United States click on the following link: Federal Voting Assistance Program
When can I receive or pick up my Absentee Ballot?
- Any voter pick up their absentee ballot as early as 45 days prior to the election or any day after by visiting their county clerk's office but not on Election Day.
- Mailed ballots will be sent 45 days before the election to all voters who have requested that an absentee ballot be mailed. Absentee ballot requests received after 45 days will be sent as soon as possible. (Mail delivery within the county may take up to seven (7) days, and longer if your mailing address is outside the county.)
- Albany County has an absentee polling place that is located in the Election Building on the east side of the Courthouse. All qualified electors wishing to vote in person by absentee may vote at the absentee polling site. The absentee polling site will be open Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 2, 2020 to August 17, 2020 for the Primary Election and September 18, 2020 to November 2, 2020 for the General Election. Please keep in mind that the absentee polling site is not open on Election Day. You must vote at your designated polling place on Election Day.
Where do I return my completed Absentee Ballot?
All Absentee ballots must be received in the county clerk's office no later that 7:00 p.m. on Election Day. Ballots arriving after the deadline will not be counted.
Ballots may be returned to the county clerk in the following ways:
- In Person - Bring your completed absentee ballot in the signed envelope to your county clerk's office.
- By Mail - Mail your completed absentee ballot in the provided envelop to your county clerk's office. (Mail delivery within the county may take up to seven (7) days, and longer if you're mailing your ballot from outside the county.)
How do I track my Absentee Ballot?
Contact your county clerk for information on the status of your ballot.
Albany County Elections Office
525 Grand Avenue - Suite 202, Laramie, Wyoming 82070